TRUDON | Scented Cendle - BAYONNE
Bayonne limited edition candle
Bayonne is gourmet: notes of chocolate, espelette chili and pine tree call for vast banquets.
- Made in France
- Limited edition candle
- Crafted from wax
- Equipped with a cotton wick
- Emblem is inspired by a bas relief found at the old Royal Wax Manufacture
- Each glass is unique and hand-crafted in Tuscany
- Extensive burn time up to 300 hours
- The wax is specifically formulated so when correctly burned, no smoke is emitted and no wax will be left on the inside of the glass
- Presented in a Finely crafted Cire Trudon gift box
The story behind the name Bayonne
A city in the South West of France, during the early 16th century, Bayonne was the first port of France through which cacao was imported. It became the first chocolate manufacturing city in the kingdom. Chocolate was introduced to the court of France under Louis the 14th and quickly became a fad that gathered momentum throughout the courts of Europe until today's mass consumption.
If cacao is an homage to Bayonne, chilli pepper is an homage to the neighbouring town of Espelette, known for its Piment d'Espelette. Chilli pepper was imported from Latin America around the same period as cacao and contrarily to cacao it has remained a specialty of the region. Pine is naturally an homage to Christmas. The accord was developed with the joys of Christmas in mind yet through a historical and regional angle.